Monday, March 2, 2009

The Balloon



Sarah showed up at Sunday School one morning with her dress dirty and hair disarrayed. The Sunday School teacher looked at her and knowing that this little girl never came to class like this asked her "What happened to you?"

"Well", she spoke softy, "I was walking to Sunday School with a big red balloon for show and tell when I saw my friend, Billy, playing out in his front yard. He liked the balloon so much that I gave it to him. So I asked Billy if he wanted to come to Sunday School with me. He told me no because he wanted to stay home and play with his balloon. I told him Sunday School was more important, but he wouldn't listen. I didn't want to keep anyone from coming to Sunday School, so I popped it!"

Each of us has influence on certain people in our lives. That influence can be good or bad. As Christians we should always be striving to be the good influence in a person's life. Paul exhorts us in 1 Corinthians 10:32-33 "Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God - even as I try to please everybody in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved."


Clip art copyrighted by Bobbie Peachey, Webclipart.about.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment