Tuesday, April 20, 2010

To My Friends of 1965

Just recently one of the families in our congregation had family members involved in a terrible automobile accident. More than 50 people were at the hospital when the injured family members arrived. Others drove 60 miles to be with other family members and still others were in Ft. Worth at the hospital waiting for the arrival of others that were injured. It's times like this when you realize how great it has to have friends who love and care for you.

As I thought about it later I wondered, what is it like for people who have no friends when they need them? Did the people in the other car have scores of people waiting to support them or were they all alone? Solomon wrote "If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up."

In a time that seems so long ago, but then like only yesterday I was picked up by my friends. Many of these friends were people that I did not even know, but cared about me enough to be beside me through a dark hour. The attached video is a "God Story" that was given for our church. But it is also a friend story. It's a story of how I made it through a tough time because there were literally hundreds of people who were with me. I thank the Lord that I had so many people at the time who wanted to pick me up.

To all my friends known and unknown in 1965 I say thanks for being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment